Saturday, October 20, 2012

September Block for Carol

I am shocked at myself!  I actually got Carol's block done in time for the afternoon post plus embroderied all the names on the bookshelf quilt blocks that I have received so far.  They need to be trimmed up a little so will post the bookshelf blocks later. 

 
Of course, this was in addition to me having severe focusing issues today......I would work on her block for 10 minutes and then jump on the computer or go look for more fabric, etc.  Carol wanted a fall themed block and I had this great center piece I wanted to use up so things worked out perfectly!  Of course, after looking at this photo, I think I need to re-iron since I did not get all my seams perfectly flat and of course, the gold is not "popping" like it does in real life.

The fun part is that I now have all my obligations done so I now get to start designing my Round Robin pieces.  Yes...shocker!...I joined another quilting swap ....this one is a Round Robin centered around Valentine's Day and will conclude in four months.  Pretty excited since this is one you get to add borders to another person's center block and you have NO clue what yours will look like until you get it back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment